Friday, April 1, 2011

Run on the beach take two

Yes, this morning I woke up and ran/jogged/walked on the beach again. Woohoo! I went for a half an hour - running for fifteen minutes straight and then intervals of walking and running to get back. I HATED it again, but I love how I feel when I get done. That's the part I'm addicted to - the feeling after you work out when you're tired and sore and sweaty and proud of what you've just accomplished. During the run though I grumble and argue with myself about wanting to quit and whine and cuss etc. etc. etc. But I have to do it if I want that feeling in the end, right? (wait, don't answer that)

Here's proof of my run:



By the way, you know what I realized I'm most self conscious about when I run? How hard I'm breathing. I'm not, like, having an asthma attack or anything, but I do breath pretty heavily right from the start, and I know people have to hear it. It doesn't even bother me that my chub is just a'jigglin away or that I'm all sweaty and nasty - nope, just how heavily I'm breathing. But hey, I figure, at least I'm out here!

By the way, here are a few pics of the area we are vacationing in.







This one is the condo:


We are on the middle floor. It's not right on the ocean, but we have a pretty nice view from our balcony. I'm pretty much never going home, I hope my hubby realizes that!

Anyways it's supposed to be gorgeous out so I'm off to collect (as my stepdaughter calls them) sheeshells. Have a good one everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Woohoo for your run on the beach! Beautiful place :)

Your breathing will normalize after a while...every single time I run, the first 3k don't feel great. I breathe harder and I cuss and grumble like you...and then I get into it.

You'll get there - you're doing great! Enjoy your time in my favorite state! (Are you on the Atlantic or Gulf Coast?)

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

Great job! Last year when I went to the beach I wanted to run on the beach, but never did...I opted for the boardwalk. At least I was running!:-D