Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday, dear Tuesday...

So I came out of yoga tonight and this is what I saw:



It wasn't even raining! But, the rainbow was really pretty. You might not be able to see it very well, so let's just pretend, shall we? ;)

Anyways, I was really sore this morning after running/walking/jogging for my 30 minutes. My problem? I didn't walk for a minute to warm up. It has to be that. My left ankle and up into my shin/calf was really sore and painful especially when using stairs (and my classroom is on the second floor... fabulous). It was out of my own stupidity, too. I did lose some weight, and readjusted my WW settings accordingly. So when I went in to log my run, it was a point short - 4 instead of 5. Well, I upped it to 25 minutes just to see if the points would change and sure enough, it went back to 5. So, needless to say, I decided to give the 25 full minutes a try, and I knew that I wouldn't mentally be able to last until minute 26, so I skipped my one minute warm up so I'd still be able to get back to walking at minute 25. Does this make sense? Well, it did to me. DID. Not tomorrow morning, though, it'll make so much more sense to get to minute 26 instead because these thunder thighs just can't make it through another day of school with that kind of pain.

Speaking of school, I've been SO busy lately I haven't been able to make it to comment on my favorite posts. All you out there that I follow and usually comment on, just know I'm still reading and thinking of you :) As a matter of fact, during the relaxation part of yoga tonight, I said a little prayer for those of you out here in bloggy world. I read lots of posts and there are always a large variety of feelings within, so those of you who need encouragement, I prayed for that. Those of you who are having a good/happy/easy time, I thanked Him for you. Etc, etc, etc.

I just completed a program that I was required to do as a new teacher, and so a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Success! I also have a whole 6 points left for the day. I know I really need to get those in, but it's nice to have eaten enough to be satisfied for the day without overdoing it. Success!! Tuesday is over (I'm already laying in bed getting ready to drift off into dreamland) and that means I'm one day closer to my ultimate goal. Success!!! And finally, my mom agreed to do the Weight Watchers Walk-It Challenge with me on May 22nd. It's a 5k, and will be my first ever. I probably could run/jog the whole thing, but I'm going to walk it at whatever pace my mom needs. I want to be there for her, and I'm hoping this challenge will help her get moving more. She has a habit of talking about how heavy she is - while we are eating cheesecake and drinking wine of course. I know she needs some encouragement, and I'm hoping this will give her a little kickstart. Plus, the more active she is, the more active my stepdad will be, and the more activities he will participate in with me (I think he used to be a lot more active than he is now because back in the day he made me do a 19 mile hike with him and he was fine, and then a couple years later I tried to get him to do a 35 mile bike ride with me and he struggled). Success!!!!

Though, I am slacking on my 6 minute mile goal. I have not gotten on the treadmill to find my baseline. To be honest, I'm SCARED! I'm not sure exactly how fast I could run a mile and have never ever ever even ran faster than 7 mph (and that was only for 30 second intervals). I meant to do it over the weekend, but completely ignored that little voice that kept reminding me until, oooops, it was Sunday night and I was heading to bed. Shoot. Oh well. But, I CAN'T ignore it much longer!

Well, I'm drifting in and out of consciousness. I think it's time to hit the hay. Have a good one!! BTW, tomorrow is hump day - live it up :oP

2 comments:

Lisa Mancini said...

Sounds like you had an excellent day!!! I love that rainbow. Just beautiful!

safire said...

What a beautiful rainbow! I hope life is less busy for you soon.

Great job encouraging your mom to join you in healthier lifestyle choices! I've been stuck doing workout videos instead of hitting the gym because of mosquito bites. I can't wait until they stop irritating my legs (some are RIGHT where my ankles are)