Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stuff I Stole Saturday

*cue corny gameshow music*

Welcome to another edition of "Stuff I Stole (from other blogs) Saturday"!! I'm your host, ThunderThighs, and boy do I have lots of stuff in store for you!

First of all, we have Becoming an Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie who inspired me to get ahold of a couple Jillian Michaels workout videos. Thanks!! I tried both today - one workout from Yoga Meltdown and one from 30 Day Shred. Yoga Meltdown was INSANE!! I was dripping sweat when I was done and my arms/shoulders were screaming from so many planks. I really liked it though, because I love yoga, and this form of yoga really burns calories and fat (just ask Jillian, she says it about a hundred times throughout the workout). 30 Day Shred wasn't too bad, it's pretty much what I do at the Y in the various classes except in a shorter amount of time. The weight part is definitely what I need, and I don't force myself to do it on my own, so it'll be beneficial to stick in the video and have Jillian make me do it!! Now, my question for everyone is do you do the diet plan as well as the videos? I'm not planning on it, but it makes me wonder if the results are the same. Debbie also inspired me to take some before pics. Those will be added to the bottom for your viewing pleasure (please take caution, they are VERY unflattering pictures!).

Next we have Lisa at Challenge Accepted. I LOVE her widget that counts up since the last time she ate junk. I'm so adding one to my blog (as soon as A. I figure out how and B. I stop eating junk).

Also, thanks to Need to Get Me Back, I have a great new saying! If you go to her blog and scroll down just a tad, on the right hand side there is a picture of a little keychain. It reads, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". That's awesome!!! I'd like to add it to my blog somewhere, I just have to figure out where. It's a great reminder of why I need to keep on keeping on!
Ain't it cute!?!

Then, we have one of my newest favies, Sarah at Not an Effing Diet! (LOVE the title!). This week she posted a link to an article on CNN, which you can get to by simply clicking here. It really is very interesting and informational about how sleep affects your eating habits and weight. As usual, it talks about how it's much worse for women than men (jerks). Now, I have no problem getting in my seven to eight hours a night, but I know lots of people out there don't. Since knowledge is power, I figured I'd steal the article to continue it's journey to the eyes of even more readers.

And, finally, we have Drazil at It's Just Me, Drazil & Sheniqua. She does a post on Fridays called BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy). Yeah, it's a day late, but I figured I'd answer a couple of the questions. First, she asks are you holding on to something you should let go of? When I really sat down and thought about it, I realized I AM holding on to LOTS of stuff. Junk stuff. Stuff in boxes from my childhood/teenage years that I just don't have the heart to throw away. But, why? What is it with my obsession to keep those things around. When my hubby and I moved in together, I told him he really needed to thin out his stuff. We just didn't have the room. But on the other hand, I never thinned out my stuff. Talk about double standards. Also, I'm starting to let it go, but I sometimes still hang on to the thought of a different life. Don't get me wrong, because I LOVE my husband and I LOVE my family and I LOVE the way my life has turned out (for the most part), but I do sometimes still wonder what would have happened if I stayed on campus at the original college I attended rather than coming home and commuting to a different college (and therefore meeting the man I would eventually marry). What would my life be like if I didn't marry my hubby? I HATE the town we live in and have always wanted to leave. What would my life be like if I decided to do that instead of sticking around? What would my life be like if I married someone my own age? Shouldn't these thoughts be gone by now? Does that show regret? I really don't know. The amount of time I ponder on such things is fewer and farther between, but they still stick around. Are those thoughts linked to the stuff I have kept around? Hmmmmmmm......

Anyways, the other question is what are three 'nevers' you follow in your life. Well, I'll never stop learning new things (especially for my job as a teacher). I will never stop believing in God or give up my relationship with Him. And I DEFINITELY never leave the house without kissing my hubby good-bye.

What are your three nevers???
Well that's it for this edition of "Stuff I Stole Saturday"! You've been a great audience! As for the people who I've stolen things from, tell them what they win Bob - A NEW CAR! Ok, just kidding, they don't get anything but my appreciation.


******WARNING: This is where things get gross. Proceed with caution!!!******


And now, without further ado, my before 30 Day Shred/Yoga Meltdown pics. I dug out an old bathing suit. WHOA. The bottoms were a LITTLE snug! I just wish I could get rid of them darn thunder thighs! And all the cellulite that comes with them!!!
NOW do you see the pear shape? I guess it could be worse, though, right?

By the way, those pics are not to be used for anything inappropriate, though it would take a VERY sick person to use them!! ICK!

Now, I know I'm harsh on myself, but it's all in good fun. I'm going to have a hot bod one of these days and look back at these pics and laugh, ummm, harder than I do now anyways.

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

7 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

So now you have me really, really tempted to get the Yoga video!

Anonymous said...

Just remember that everything's relative. For instance, I'm pretty sure I'd kill someone to look like you do in a bikini...

ThunderThighs said...

@ BnE - get it get it get it!!! It is hard as hell but so is all exercise when you first start, right?!

@ Ysp - that's the beauty of being a woman - we're never happy and we can get away with it!

Candy kankles said...

Good for you I cant wait to see your results!

Diandra said...

Thanks for sharing all this information!

Plus, your pictures aren't that bad. If you want to shape up your thighs, have you tried either body lotion including caffeine (scientists suggest it works) or a lotion/peeling with rosemary? They help very well with my own "thunder thighs".

safire said...

You look great in your bikini! I'm a pear shape too so that's how I look in my bikini. I swear my thighs, the pooch, and my arms are LOST to go.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday! Thank you for sharing the lovely articles!!

ThunderThighs said...

@ Candy - I can't wait to see them too, lol.

@ Diandra - I have not tried a peel, I'll have to look around for one. I have tried lotions, my problem is I'm not consistent enough with using them.

@ Safire - thank you for the compliment!