Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stuff I Stole (From Other Blogs) Saturday

Phew, what a week. It felt sooooooo long, and that feeling seems to be a trend around here according to some blogs and facebook posts I've read. I was so busy, I didn't get in very many workouts other than my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was so stressed out at work yesterday. If you read my post from Wednesday you'd see that the students at school were definitely full of something. TOM came a little early and lead to some major cravings and a pretty bad binge yesterday (I didn't get around to tracking any of it either, I pretty much don't want to know). I'm over it today, relaxing and hanging around the house, and am ready to take on next week. I'm currently laying in bed, on my laptop, watching Hoarders: Buried Alive (because it makes me feel better about myself - I may be messy but at least I'm not THAT bad).

Anyways, I decided to name Saturdays my 'Stuff I Stole' day. I've been trying to think of certain days that I can have a theme on - like 'Weekend Wrap-up' on Sunday and 'Weigh-in Day' on Friday. I was going to make it Fun Fact Friday, and I decided, nah, that sounds stupid. But, I do read a TON of blogs on a regular basis, though I only get to comment on a few, and I tend to borrow steal things and ideas - though I'm SURE none of them would care as long as I link it to them to give them credit, right? Right! ;)

So, here are a couple things I took this week:

1. TONS of people follow Bitch Cakes so I'm sure you are well aware of this by now, but I finally downloaded her Girl Talk running playlist. I haven't listened to it, but I've heard it's really good and I decided Friday during my morning 30 minutes that my own playlist is getting really old and really annoying. I'll let you know what I think on Monday.

2. Candy from Candy and Kankles is turning 26 this month. There are a couple other gals who have/are turning 26 this month, including myself!! It's such a coincidence! SO, C. from The Evolution of Me mentioned we (I included myself, though I'm not sure she did, lol) should do a challenge. It goes as follows: pick one or more of these goals - 1. drink 26 liters of water a day, 2. get in 26 minutes of exercise or 2.6 miles in a day, 3. write down 26 things that make you great, and 4. write 26 goals to accomplish before the age 27. I decided to do all four. I'll probably have to adjust number 2 a little, because I already get in 30 minutes a day and I hit about 2.8 miles on my daily treadmill run, so I might try to up my running to 26 straight minutes (which is only an additional minute, but I'm really not ready to add that right yet). I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet, so I'll figure it out and add it to my post tomorrow. I really should do the 2.6 miles and make it to be done on my bike (or any bike) because I'm way behind in training for the MS 150 this year, but we'll see. The weather is just NOT cooperating right now.

3. And finally, I stole this idea from BnE's Mommy at Up the Creek Without a Paddle. She found a site were you could make a virtual version of yourself at different weights. I thought it was really cute, so I borrowed stole it and made one for myself. And, when I clicked on the link just now so I could share it with you, it says 'Service Unavailable', so I don't know if it's just not working today or if it's off forever, but here's the address in the event that it works again someday: http://mvm.com/cs/shopForLooks/Default.aspx
Well, here I am:
There doesn't really look to be too much of a change, but I know I'll feel differently about myself when I'm down 30 pounds!! Plus, maybe for the first time in my life I'll look good in a bathing suit!!

Well, I'll be checking in tomorrow with my review of the week, new goals, and official 26 challenge criteria. By the way, too, I'm pretty darn close to my first big goal of being in the 150s, which means getting my armband for my iPhone may happen this Friday!! Woot woot!! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

safire said...

:) What a great theme! I get so inspired by other people's blogs!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

I LOVE THE GIRL TALK DOWNLOAD.

Candy kankles said...

Its so awesome your so close to the 150's! I cant wait to get there!