Thursday, April 14, 2011

I could really go for some chocolate right now...


...but I'm holding myself back. See, it's that good 'ole TOM settling in, and he brings with him some massive cravings. And not just for chocolate - for anything sugar. So I did indulge today, and wasted some of my points on junk - in the form of a chocolate bar, York peppermint patties and pudding. It was the first time in over a week and a half that I really ate like that, even with going to the buffet last night. I did stay within my points for the day, but I'm disappointed in myself for trading such unhealthy options for what I could have had in instead. But, I'm not letting it get me down or anything. I guess in order to maintain this lifestyle for the rest of my life, I HAVE to have days like this. So thanks, TOM, but no thanks, you don't win this round.

Anyways, I logged in tonight and was so surprised to see SEVEN comments on last night's post. Thank you everyone for such kind words. It almost makes me feel bad for leaving sarcastic comments on your blogs. Almost. ;) (just kidding, I actually try my best not to offend anyone)

Well, weigh-in is tomorrow. Oh boy. Though I decided to pretend I didn't hit that scale the other day, it's still in the back of my mind. I'm anxious to see what the scale reads.

By the way, you know how most people tend to see themselves as being bigger than they really are? Well I'm super psycho and see myself much thinner! What in the world?? I was trying to find something to wear this morning to work, which generally takes more time than showering, eating breakfast and doing my hair all put together, and I pulled out a pair of size 12 pants. Just for shits and giggles, I figured I'd give them a try, seeing as how I've been on this great diet for all of 12 days now and in my mind I've CLEARLY lost enough and those will probably be too big actually. Yeah? Well not so much. They didn't fit. Thunder thighs foiled my plans once again. It knocked my confidence down a few pegs, but it more or less snapped me into reality that I still have quite a ways to go and to not give up or slack off. I don't know, I guess I kind of had this mindset that all of a sudden just because I decided to lose weight that it all fell off overnight. Right! I have to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint.

ummm, yeah, that's me on the right


Also, let me just rant a little about my 'wonderful' day at school today. Apparently an evil spirit made it's way into our water or air or something because there were two fights between kids and an incident where a kid stabbed another with his pencil. Luckily, only one of these happened between my students, and they just so happen to be good friends who were fighting over a girl. A SEVENTH GRADE GIRL. Hate to say it, but that's a little pathetic. Not to mention, neither of the boys are very macho, so I don't understand what got into them, especially to fight a friend. All of this was first thing in the morning, which made all of our classes rambunctious for the entire day. Oh the joys of being a teacher.

Between being out of town last night and going to the track meet tonight, I haven't made it to the Y for a couple days. That means I'm going to have to hit the gym hard tomorrow night. Plus, I don't know how close I'll be to my 60 activity points goal this week, so I might just have to keep that idea in mind for next. And, no, I haven't found my baseline for my 6 minute mile challenge yet. GRRRR. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Though everytime I go to a track meet it does renew my motivation to reach that level. Hmmmmm, someone needs to whack me in the head to get me started. Any takers? No, not you hubby, you beat me enough. Just kidding. All joking aside, I'll get there soon enough.

Well have a great night everyone. I will be back tomorrow with my weigh-in results (maybe if I breath all of the air out of my lungs it'll lighten my load a little?).

 

3 comments:

Dee said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Dee

http://www.deesdroppingtheweight.blogspot.com

Bobbi Sharp said...

YES YES YES...you read my mind didn't you?

I'm totally stealing the marathon quote. I LOVE IT! Good luck tomorrow. :)

~Ashley~ said...

You've been thinner before then, haven't you? I find with me that, no matter my weight, whether 130 or 190, in my own eyes I'm always around 160, always a size 10 or 12. It's amazing what our crazy brains can do to us. Keep up the good work!