Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yoga, My Devil Cat, and a Must-Read Post


Morning run - check. Evening workouts - check. Food tracked - almost check. I'm really thinking I'm going to pay for a month of Weight Watchers online. My problem is that I get comfortable with the points enough and I stop actually tracking them, so the subscription becomes unnecessary. BUT, with the new Points Plus, I can't do it without looking everything up. If I stay on it for a month or so and get comfortable again, I can stop the subscription. I do really good with Weight Watchers, but the thing I hate the most is when I make homemade recipes and have to figure out by basically guessing the points. It's kind of a hassle. I do try to overestimate by a point or two just to make sure I'm within my limits for the day. That's why my food tracked goal is almost checked. For dinner, I made tuna noodle casserole, so I'm going to have to fumble around with it. I DID limit myself to a cup-sized portion, though, which is HUGE for me since I can eat fourty five pounds of tuna noodle casserole and go back for more!'

Also, for an afternoon snack I made a green monster. For those of you who aren't sure what these are, they are smoothies that always contain spinach - thus the green part. The only fruit I've been able to find to get rid of the green color is blackberries. My green monsters always have a fruit, spinach (obviously), protein powder, almond milk and ground flaxseed. I also included this energy shot stuff I got from my stepmom. It's a very filling shake and I portion it to be around 4 or 5 points, depending on what I add.

So, my evening workouts were a core class and yoga. The core class was pretty rough and I started sweating almost immediately. You don't move around much, so you wouldn't think it'd be that strenuous, but really it is! Then, since I had about twenty minutes between the two classes, I got on a stationary bike and did fifteen minutes. I was already there - why waste those precious minutes, right!?! Plus, I LOVE biking! Then, I had a wonderful yoga class. The instructor steps it up a little when the class is filled with 'veterans', and that was the case tonight. It was relaxing, felt good to stretch out and strengthened my muscles all at the same time. If you haven't ever tried yoga, I HIGHLY recommend it. It may take a few times to work up to the poses (or for me, it took QUITE a few classes), but it's SO worth it!
While I was there, I took a few pics. One is of the CUTEST yoga mat ever (mine of course). The other is a full body shot of me. I don't have a full length mirror at home, so for the sake of my progress pics, I'll have to take them at the Y in front of their mirrors. I'm sure the ladies in the class were looking at me like I was nuts to be taking pics of myself, but I don't care. Plus, my shirt matched my mat :)



CHECK OUT THOSE THUNDERTHIGHS BABY!!!! Pear shape to the extreme :)
So anyways, I got home and my hubby, stepdaughter and I all snuggled up in our bed and watched Biggest Loser. In the process, my crazy cat decided to lay on top of all of us, one at a time. His name is Pepsi because my hubby rescued him from behind a Pepsi machine outside our house. He's an outside cat, and I swear, one day, he's going to take over and kill us all, kinda like the pigs in Orwell's Animal Farm. He's the DEVIL! It actually scares me when he lays on my lap. He stares at me with those evil eyes and I feel like he's plotting my death the whole time. He's so ragged from being outside and fighting with other cats. Plus, he isn't fixed, so he gets all horned up and tries to rape my other cat, which is a female. One time we moved the recliner in the living room to clean behind it and found a huge clump of cat fur. Apparently that's where he takes Ethel (my female cat, we have two girls - Lucy and Ethel - but Pepsi only picks on Ethel. I swear it's because he knows Lucy is gay, but I just can't prove it) and rapes her. When we saw that, we immediately rearranged the furniture in the living room in order to stop those acts of violence. I feel so bad for Ethel, so we try to kick Pepsi out when we notice him getting in 'the mood'. Anyways, here's a few pics of him laying with us:


Don't be fooled, he looks precious, but I swear he's the devil.



Finally, here's a pic of Shirl (my stepdaughter - it's her nickname - that's a story for a whole other post) and my hubby. AWWW how cute ;)



Ok, one final point. I don't know how many people actually read this blog and I don't know how many of those people also read Becoming an Ex Yo-Yo Dieter, but if you don't, you HAVE to read her post from today More Progress Than I Realized (obviously click on the title and it'll take you directly to her blog). I tried my best to put how much this post inspired me in a comment for her, but it just didn't do any justice. If you are unsure of yourself, read it. If you are worried about your workouts being effective, read it. If you want motivation for the future, read it. If you just want to hear a success story, read it!!! Debbie is SO impressive and I love reading her blog. I always look forward to what she has to say, but this is definitely one of the most inspirational and motivational posts I've ever read. It made me realize that the little sacrifices I'm making now (see yesterday's post!) really will make a difference, and it will do so faster than I can even imagine. So many people, including myself, give up too early and never see the true results of their efforts. Just hold on, you will get there one day, and probably much sooner than you think. I've been running on the treadmill for about 24 minutes, with the additional six dedicated to walking because I just can't make the full 30 minutes. I want to be where she is, and I'm definitely on my way to be there. When I feel like giving up, I'm going back to that post and refreshing my attitude. Right now, I can't imagine running for 30 minutes, an hour, two hours even. But there it is, the knowledge that one day I WILL!!!!

Well it's WAY past my bedtime, if I'm going to get up and get on that treadmill in the morning. Good night world! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish I could be typing this comment while i was reading so I don't forget what I wanted to comment on. As my friend would say about my emails, this post was "newsy". hehehe.

First -- I love eTools. I don't know how different WW online is from eTools but online tracking is for me all the way and the recipe builder is so valuable. Put in all the ingredients, put in the number of servings and there's your points. Love!! And once your recipe is in there, you can just select it again.

I was laughing all through the cat part. My cat is George Catstanza but mostly I call Georgie or Little Bastard. I so love him though. And the evil cat kind of looks a little evil in that picture. It's in the eyes or brow somehow, hahaha!

I have to go check out that other post you mentioned now but I also wanted to stop by and say thanks for your encouragement! I know as soon as the car gets sorted out and I get back on my feet I'll be totally fine and cruise along again but till then, I'll write :) and accept all encouragement!

Liz said...

I know what you mean about your cat! Mine is like that too - pure devil! She loves hubs like crazy and is super possesive...but gives me the evil eye.

Good job on your workouts and food tracking!

~Ashley~ said...

Oh Pep!!! lol!! oh and poor little baby Ethel!! Lol! Pep does scare me too! :)