Friday, April 29, 2011

One Hand In The Air For The Big City!!

I'm heading to New York City tonight!!! We are going on a bus trip overnight. Then we have all day Saturday to do whatever we want, and then we head back home Saturday night. It is going to be way too short and will probably fly by, but it will be a great way to be introduced to the city and will give us a chance to see if it's a place we'd like to return too.

Ok, I know this post is late. I also know I missed a day of blogging. It's just that after the concert Wednesday night, we didn't et home until 3:00 and I had to get up for school at 6:00. Yep, three whole hours of sleep. Needless to say, after school I went home and crashed! I even asked my hubby to wake me up after an hour or so because I had so much to do, and apparently he tried to, but I fell back asleep and stayed that way until almost 7:00. I didn't even remember him coming in to wake me up - that's how tired I was. So, I did my grocery shopping, picked up pizza for dinner and went back to bed. I watched the last episode of The Office with Steve Carrell, and then I was out like a light.

Anyways, the other day a fellow blogger left a comment about my post. She mentioned my use of 'diet' and the fact that I shouldn't think of it as a diet but more of a healthy lifestyle. I completely agree, but I want you guys to know that I use the word diet very loosely. If we were to get technical with the actual meaning of that word, then really everyone in the world is on a diet. We are just on different types of diets. The word itself has a very negative connotation, but, my dear readers, I am here to say that I am in no way scared or threatened by that word. I have always referred to my healthy living as a diet. So when I say I'm off my diet, I'm referring to the fact that I'm not doing a good job at making healthy choices, or that I'm not watching my portion sizes, or that I am not counting my points. And I'm fine with referring to it as a diet. I understand that I have made many healthy lifestyle changes that I will be carrying on for the rest of my life. That is my personal definition of 'diet' simply because, well, it's easier/quicker to type rather than constantly saying healthy choices/lifestyle/whatever. So I do appreciate that blogger's comment and concerns, but rest assured that I understand everything even if right now I'm choosing not to follow along. :)

Speaking of choosing to not follow along, I am definitely not doing well on the eating front (see above mentioning of ordering pizza last night). It's just that there are things I like to eat that are definitely not healthy in any way and that would be referred to by Jillian Michaels as non-food. My thinking is if I allow myself this time to eat those things, and then get back on plan after a few days, I should be fine to continue to live like this for the rest of my life. I was perfect with everything for four weeks straight, so if I take every fifth week off, I'm going to be fine. I'm just dreading my weigh-in this afternoon is all.

Oh boy, I hope I'm not starting to sound delusional. I hope I'm not falling off the wagon. I've made my decision to do this with full force for the rest of my life. I hope this isn't me giving in to my inner demons... I suppose I'll find out Sunday. That is my 'Get My Act Back Together' day. I'll review the many goals set last week that I've failed at achieving and I'll set new ones. I can do this dang it! No regrets, no remorse, no dwelling. I'm almost to the bottom of this hill, the only way to go is up.

Well I will so my best to respond to comments and catch up with everyone's blogs on or before Sunday. I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful weekend.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Candy kankles said...

A "get my act back togeather day" I love love love this idea! Its hard stayin on the good food wagon but you can do it! Hang in there!

Laura Whitfield said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Sounds like you really needed the sleep!

safire said...

Enjoy NYC! I am here this weekend too. The weather is amazing!