Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Fun

Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is upon us, and it's a three day weekend for most as well!
 
I did a run this morning. Ok, once again, a walk/jog. I jogged almost all of it, probably only walked about a half a mile, but it was still a slow jog. My pace sucks! I don't know if it's because I've been jogging with the stroller and it's slowing me down or what. Or it could be that I subconciously am slowing myself down so I can go a longer distance because I know if I speed up I'll just have to walk sooner anyways. Either way, I'm still proud of myself for jogging as far as I did, and I can't wait until I'm able to do the entire distance without stopping to walk.
 
My app did tell me I did my fastest 5k to date, so that's a good thing. As a matter of fact, Lance Armstrong's voice told me he was proud of me. I wonder if the next app update will take his voice off since he was caught doping. Which, by the way, I think is kind of crap because let's be honest, what competitive athlete doesn't take stimulants, so what's the point of stripping him of his Tour de France wins? Not that I condone doing drugs, but... I don't know... whatever.
 
So since it's a holiday weekend, I have to work in the store (I've mentioned before in a previous post that I don't feel like searching for to link to that my husband owns a campground and occasionally I work in the office/store checking people in, manning the gate, etc.). It's a terribly boring job, so I always take my laptop and blog. Right now, though, as I'm typing, I'm watching Rachael Ray cook some amazing looking food. I wonder if she uses her own brand of pots and pans? I doubt it. I've never used them, but they are cheap enough for me to own, so therefore I'm sure they are not professional grade enough for her. But I digress. Anyways, there's always a part of me, when watching these cooking shows, that wants to be some amazing cooking goddess and make delicious dinners every night for my hubby. Then reality sets in and I realize I'm too lazy to even boil water.
 
Well the whole point of this is that Rachael's theme today is 'the last supper' and she keeps talking about 'what would you eat for your last supper'?

So, what would you eat?

Me? I'd definitely have our family's recipe - chicken puppykosh (I actually don't know exactly how it's spelled, so that's phonetic). It's the WORST thing to eat on a diet because it has pounds of sour cream, butter and flour. But it's the most delicious meal I've ever had. It's a pain to make, so we only have it every once in a while, but when we do - watch out! I'll bite your arm off for the last bowl!
 
Anyways, I'm really thinking of doing a weightloss challenge on here. I'd like to know who all would be interested in joining? There would be prizes for the winners! We could do, maybe 8 weeks, with a weekly weigh-in. And there would be prizes for the top three with the highest percentage lost. We could set goals each week and talk about our progress with them. And there would be prizes. We can link to each other's blogs and encourage each other - it'd be a great way to get to know new people. And did I mention there would be PRIZES?
 
If there's enough interest I'm definitely hosting one. :)
 
Well that's it for today! Have a FABULOUS  weekened everyone! Stay safe!!! 
 
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Treesa said...

count me in on the challenge... however i am not sure how to link into other people's blog... is that just checking on their blog?

and a quick question since i will be starting "operation lose baby weight" next week... how do you do your exercising? does your little guy come along with you?

and i watch rachel ray everyday and saw that episode this morning! my last meal would be my husband's lemon chicken with egg noodles! yum!! :)

Bobbi Sharp said...

Hahahaha...I had the same idea after your post about Fall Challenges and I found squat Googling.

I'm in! <3

Congrats on your fast run!!!!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

I would be in!

I totally imagine the same amazing dinners made by me every night! All the books and I still don't make then that often....

Don't worry about your pace yet. I think if you can get to where you can slowly run the full 5 k then start working on getting faster.

Fat Girls Closet said...

I've always known exactly what my "last supper" would be. Lamb kebabs over a bed of basmati and saffron rice, with tabouli and hummus and some really good pita and labneh. It's one of my favorite traditional dinners my dad used to make when I was a kid for the holidays.

And like someone else said, don't worry about your pace! Just be happy that you're doing it! :)

I just started reading your blog recently, and I would love to do the challenge, but would it be OK to not weigh in until the end of the 8 weeks? I'm trying to rely less on the scale since it's always caused such ups and downs in my emotions.

~Ashley~ said...

Hey lady, I'm right there with ya, and it seems I've still got about 30 more pounds to lose to reach the world's awesomest version of me. :-) Translation: HECK YEAH LET'S DO A FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!! We need to make the holidays easier on ourselves by rockin' it over the next few months :-)

Michelle said...

New follower ......my last supper would be homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. I can eat the shit out of breakfast