Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday!! Wow, I can't believe it's Thursday already. If I were working I'd be counting down the hours until the weekend begins. Luckily for me, though, I'm NOT WORKING!! Woohoooo!! Anyways, I found this quote and it made me really miss the days when Jillian Michaels was on Biggest Loser. :(
I mean, I like Bob, and that new guy Dolvett is HOT, but I liked Jillian a lot. One thing Biggest Loser has taught me is that any body (not anybody, any BODY) can do anything for 30 seconds. So that's what I always strive for. Hold a plank for 30 seconds, sprint for 30 seconds, pedal as fast as I can for 30 seconds. If I go longer, fine, but that's my minimum.
 
I don't have much else to mention today, since it's a rest day. I did jog yesterday. As a matter of fact I did a full 5k in about 40 minutes. Not great but not bad. I jogged the entire first mile and then jogged most of the rest. Again it was a slow jog, but a jog nonetheless!
 
Oh, and a shout out to A at Asking... Why NOT Me!?! I really liked her post today titled I Don't. She talks about how we should change our mindset from 'I Can't' to 'I Don't'. Therefore, instead of saying I can't have bread, it should be I don't eat bread. I really like that idea!
 
So I leave you with a pic of my handsome little man (come on, did you really think I'd make it through this post without a pic of him?). I can't believe how he's grown!
 
Photobucket
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just found your blog and LOVE IT! I am currently going into my forth week of weight watchers. I'm currently down 14 lbs. I am at 200.6 and desperately working my way to my first goal of 175. I signed up for a 5K run for October 14th. Your quote is what I am going to keep replaying in my head during my workout today. I will be following.

http://MOMmentation.blogspot.com

Mrs. S. said...

Jogging is jogging-who cares if you are slow? You can only get better my friend.

Your baby is soooo cute!!

Sarah said...

I love that quote! I've been jogging too. I don't want to do 5k's or anything, I just needed to find something else to mix it up with my workouts!

Sarah
notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

ThunderThighs said...

Welcome and thanks!! :)

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

What a cutie!

I really wish I could keep up with joggin!