Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Catching up...




WOO WEEE!!! It's been a while since I've had even a second to sit down and post. WEDNESDAY of last week to be exact. That's almost a whole week ago. So, let's start with Thursday.
 
Presenting, Lexi:
1490
 
She is a Trek Lexa, which is where "Lexi" is derived from. She's a beauty. And she's FAST. It was an interesting change from my first bike, which is a Trek 7.2 FX to her. She's a road bike, so the handlebars, which you can see, are supposed to be just about in line with the seat. Her gearing is much different too, hence the ease of speed, and she only has 10 speeds, where I'm used to 24.
 
We had to take my husband's daughter back to school, so we stopped at a bike shop on our way back. I've been wanting a road bike for a while now. There's nothing wrong with my old bike by any means, it's just, well, I wanted a new one. If you read my last post about getting a new bike, I said I wanted a cute one. Well, I had to compromise a little bit. This one is cute, but it doesn't have the little flowery designs that I wanted. No big deal, I took one ride and fell head over heels (luckily not literally).
 
My maiden voyage happened to be Saturday morning with my dad. Friday I had to go in to school and get stuff ready, and then I had a doctors appointment, so I didn't have time to take her out then. Anyways, we did 18 miles. Here are the app pics, though I forgot to start it right when we left so the mileage and time is slightly off.
 
Friday morning I did a walk/jog. I didn't do too bad. As a matter of fact, for the first time in over a year I was able to jog ONE WHOLE MILE!! Woooohooooooo!!! I was so proud of myself!
 
Then on Sunday I went on a walk/jog with a friend of mine. We've been going for the last couple Sunday mornings in a row, but this time we went the furthest. We mostly jogged the first 2.75 miles and then walked the rest. Once again, the mileage and time is off because I forgot to start the app at the beginning (GRRR! I do that all the freaking time! I get so distracted!), so add .5 to the total.

 
I went for another ride this morning. I usually go for a ride by myself on Mondays, but yesterday it was raining all morning and then I had to go back into school, so I never got around to it. I usually take Tuesday as a rest day, so I figured I'd just switch them around. No biggie. Remember how I've been trying to get back to my average pace of 14 mph? And I've just barely been making that each time I've gone? Well, BAM, I blew that away this morning too!! What's up now bitches! (sorry for the language, it was an excited utterance)

 
And now, for the best part of all. My weigh-in. Like I said in my previous post, I weighed 202.5 at the doctor's office on Friday. My weight on my scale this morning? Drum roll please...
Yeah, you're reading that right, 201.6. I've lost 8 pounds so far. If only I didn't have, like, 70 more until I reach goal I'd be ok.
 
So, fitness-wise, I'm doing great. I'm so proud of myself. I really didn't want to get up this morning and ride, but I made myself. And I feel good I did. And my reward is seeing that number on the scale drop. I mean, I know it's just a number, but ultimately it still feels good to physically see some results from my efforts.
 
Now, if only my personal life was going as good as my fitness life. I haven't been getting along with my hubby or his two daughters. The one daughter did something that really disappointed me, the other one stuck up for her sister, which then led into a huge fight between us, and my hubby is sticking up for both of them regardless of the fact that they are in the wrong. Being a stepmom is a reallly rough job. Blended families are hard. This is not what God intended, so of course it's going to be difficult, it always has been. I know it'll work out and things will go back to normal, but in the moment it can cause so much pain and heartbreak. I found this quote and thought it really described what I needed to hear lately.
 
So, since I had leaving on a negative note, check out my adorable son! (You know I wouldn't be a good mom if I didn't plaster his picture all over my blog, right? :) *wink wink*)

 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Missy said...

Good for you!! 8 pounds is fantastic!

Bobbi Sharp said...

So proud of you!!!! Congrats on your new "baby." I LOVE my Trek, although it's Navigator 200. It's a low step bike, so your's is much more hard core. :) Mine's made for comfort in the toosh. :)

Thin Lizzy said...

Wow, sounds like you've been busy! Way to go on the 8lbs!

ThunderThighs said...

Hi Missy! Your profile doesn't have a link to your blog. Leave your website address on here, I'd love to check it out. :)

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

That is great!

Stay strong!

Treesa said...

oh my goodness! your little guys is ADORABLE!! :)