Saturday, August 11, 2012

Stupid Scale!!

Well, the good news? I went on a 16 mile bike ride this morning. The bad news? I can't weigh in because my stupid scale is broken.

See, I have a regular scale that I've been using. I can't take pictures of it though unless someone helps me because, well, YOU try bending over on a scale and taking a picture without falling face first! So I drug out my digital scale and realized it wasn't working. I thought it just needed batteries, so I bought some last night. When I put them in this morning, though, it still didn't work. Needless to say I'm going to have to make another trip to Walmart sometime this weekend.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate going to Walmart? I shit you not (excuse my language) but the Walmart in our area attracts people who would give carnival sideshow freaks a run for their money. Have you ever seen the website peopleofwalmart.com? Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people are from my area. Now I'm not saying I'm 'too good' to go there or anything, but I'd rather go somewhere that doesn't remind me of a three ring circus on crack. I even had a picture, once, where they repaved their parkinglot and spelled 'yield' wrong - they spelled it 'yeild'. I meant to send it to the website but never did.
(Found on the website, probably a man in our Walmart)

So on to the good news - I got my dad to do a bike ride with me this morning. Unfortunately the last ride I went on I misjudged the distance and didn't actually go the 17 miles I thought. That time I rode about 15, and this morning we went 16. Still not too bad though. I used an app on my phone to record the distance and time. We kept about a 10 mph pace. That is really good considering my dad has a bum knee and was using my husband's bike which is a bit too small for him. Plus it was his first ride. I used to keep a 14 mph pace before I got pregnant, so that's my goal to get back to. Even with the extra weight, I'm not too far from where I was. I'm definitely built for biking, at least these thunder thighs are good for something!!


(Me on the last MS 150 ride... check out those thunder thighs!!)


Anyways, I'll check back in when I get a new scale. :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Hoot said...

That's a pretty sweet app. Way to go to get out on the bike!!