Ok, let me start with a few things I've been meaning to mention:
1. I have recently went through all the blogs I follow and deleted the ones that haven't had a new post in the last few months. I really like following the blogs of the people that follow mine, and I love being able to read from all different kinds of blogs. Therefore, if you are following my blog and I am not following yours, there are two possible reasons -
A. I may not have the link. So, if you don't see me listed as your dedicated follower, please leave your link in a comment.
B. For some crappy reason my stupid 'follow' thingy on my laptop is not working at all regardless of whether I'm on my blog or yours, so I have to get on my iPhone in order to follow you, and that doesn't happen as often as I would like. If you don't see me as a follower and you've left me your link, I will get there eventually, because if there is one thing I hate is missing new posts!!
2. I did finally post my one mile running time. It was 9:55. My goal was to be under 10 minutes and I did it by 5 seconds. But LET. ME. TELL. YOU. it was horrible!! I definitely have a LONG way to go to get to a 6 minute mile. I'm thinking, like, years. But, I'll get there someday, right?!?! Anyways, that would explain the new tab at the top of my blog.
3. I freaking love the fact that there are a few of you that I'm really starting to get to know via blog (I'm really not this much of a creeper in real life, I swear). Just saying.
4. When I was in NYC I secretly hoped I would see Sheryl from *Bitch Cakes*. I knew the chances of that were a million gajillion to zilch, but a girl can hope, right? My next option would have been John Krazinski from The Office (the only man I would consider divorcing my hubby for).
5. I know there was more, but of course I won't remember them until I've published this post.
ANYWAYS, back to my original purpose of this post - I'm falling apart. I mean seriously falling apart. This morning, I went to school with cortizone cream on my armpit and icy hot on both legs. Those, mixed with my perfume, made me smell like a 90 year old woman. Awesome. After doing the initial mile test last night, along with a 30 Day Shred workout, and then getting on the treadmill this morning, I ended up with pain in both legs and a FREAKING rash in my armpit. What the BEEEEEEEEEEP?????
Well, I started thinking - maybe, just maybe, I'm trying to overdue it. My body just isn't keeping up with me like I want it to. Remember the whole 'I want to be able to run a marathon even though I'm never going to actually run a marathon' post?? Yeah, that's going to be much further away than I imagined. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older (come ON, I'm only 26 for Pete's sake, this is CRAZY), or if I'm... I'm... I don't know! I'm getting old I guess. :(
Either way, I've been changing my weekly plans and goals and trying to figure things out lately and I just can't seem to find the right fit for me. I remember back a few years ago, when I was all skinny (b*tch) and I would come home from school every day and get on the treadmill and workout like a maniac and I was never sore let alone having these issues with my legs. I guess it's just time to revisit my plans and try a new way... again. So today I spent a large majority of my day online at Runner's World (yeah, I'm an amazing teacher). I think I might invest in one of their running plans. They really outline exactly what to do and when and what days to take breaks. Maybe this whole treadmill everyday thing is just not for me, as much as I'd like for it to be (trust me, I never thought I'd say that one aloud). I, being as cheap as I am, will of course try to find a place where I can get a plan for free (ahem, this would be a great time for you to comment if you have any suggestions), but if I can't, I'm just going to part with my $25-$30.
Well my mommy's coming to visit tonight. Have a great Tuesday!!