Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stuff I Stole... umm... Sunday?

Hello folks, it's time for another edition of "Stuff I Stole.... wait a minute, it's SUNDAY! Well apparently ThunderThighs was a little too lazy to get on her computer yesterday and write the episode!

Ok, so I guess I'll have to do "Stuff I Stole Saturday" on Sunday instead. No problem. I was rather busy yesterday and it was SO nice out that I spent the entire time outside rather than in on my computer. Except for between the hours of 4 and 6, in which I took a nice early evening nap. The hubster and I hung out at a friend's campfire last night and didn't make it in until midnight. By that time, I was too tipsy tired to get on and write. I must say, I didn't do too bad yesterday until the drinking came in. Dang it! I'm too weak to peer pressure! Not that anyone is forcing anything on me! HA, the hubby doesn't even drink, so... it's always my own fault.

I taught my regular aerobics class yesterday morning, then I ran home, showered, headed to a couple stores for stuff (kitty litter, laundry detergent, and whatnot...), then I came back to the campground and lo and behold, there was a little surprise waiting for me inside my front door. One of our friends is loaning us his super awesome Nikon practically professional camera for Amby's graduation on Thursday, and he brought it over for me to practice with! I was so pumped! I walked all around the campground taking pics of random things/people/kids. I'll have to figure out how to upload them so I can post a few tomorrow. Anyways, so then I took my nap, headed back out for some food stuff, we all gathered at a camper to eat and then we sat around the fire for the rest of the night. There was some drinking and MUCH smores consumption involved.

ANYWAYS, back to the stuff I stole for the week. There are actually only two things, and really the second isn't anything I STOLE per se, but I'm not always that bad of a klepto. So here goes:

First of all, we have Annalisa from Diary of a Yo-Yo Dieter. She ever so kindly stole the phrase "Livet" from Mrs. Sheila (a girl after my own heart, that one). Now, I've never read Mrs. Sheila's blogs, but according to Annalisa, Livet is from taking the words Diet and Live and smashing them together. I really should use this one, because I use the term Diet very loosely, and I know that word just freaks some people out. I like to be as PC and unoffending (if that's even a word) as possible, so I'll try refer to it as 'livet' from now on. Because, I DO realize that this is a life change and a healthy path and a diet full of wholesome foods and portion control and good choices - I'm just too lazy to type all that every time I'm refering to my DIET.

And, the only other thing I stole for the week, well, it's not actually anything I've really TAKEN. I have browsed plenty of posts over the past weeks, and noticed that a lot of people struggle to find motivation sometimes. They ask us fellow bloggers to help them find inspiration, and to talk about what WE do when we are feeling low. Now, I'm certainly not perfect, and I struggle just as much, if not even more sometimes, as the next gal, but one thing I do when I'm feeling out of sync with my LIVET, I really find it helpful to look at those who are at the end of their journey. Those who have reached their goal and are now focusing on maintaining. The people I really look to are also the 'underdogs' of blogging, too. I mean, we all read Bitch Cakes, she's pretty much a given here in bloggyland. Another favorite is Miz Fit - she even won enough votes to become a Fila Real Woman Model! But I'm talking about those women who are just blogging for their own sanity - not to make any money, not to find any notoriety. Just normal gals with normal jobs who have normal kids/families/husbands/boyfriends, etc. I find my motivation in the people who are, well, most like me I guess. So here are a couple I tend to lean on (who probably have no idea who I even am!):
  • Tricia at Endurance Isn't Only Physical - Check out this hot mama!! She went from a size 24/26 to a 4/6... that's 20 sizes!! Talk about an amazing woman!
  • I'd Rather Have a Cupcake - Down 35 pounds, this chicka is exactly where I'd like to be!
  • Kelly at Journey to a New Me - I actually started following Kelly WAY back over a year ago when I first started blogging. As a matter of fact, if I'd have kept up with her as far as weightloss is concerned, I'd be just about where she is now! It just goes to show the difference a year can make. Stop by her blog and check out her guns!! Wouldn't want to get into a fight with her, that's fo sho!!
  • Syl at Live, Smile, Run - Syl... oh Syl... there is so much I could say about this lady. She is one of my biggest inspirations. I love how much she loves pink, I love how encouraging she is to everyone (she's one of the few more popular bloggers who will actually stop by your site and comment on your posts), I love reading her posts, I love learning about her running adventures... I just plain love her. I always look forward to her posts. Ok, perhaps I'm a little bit of a creeper, but I'm proud of it! ;)
  • Sarah at Operation Size 8 - According to Sarah, she still has about 10 pounds to lose, but if you go by her blog title, she's already there! She is another blogger I started following when I first began my original blog, and again, if I'd have stuck with it, I'd be where she is today. She tried on those size 8s not too long ago and THEY FIT! Now if that's not motivation, I don't know what is!
  • Amie at Running on Healthy - Just another gal in her ultimate goal range. Just look at her after pics - the abs say it all!!
I really like looking at the before and after pics because I want that to be me someday. I'm constantly taking these before pics. When will I get to my afters?!?! So, again, I look to these ladies for the motivation. Anything you can do I can do better, right?

Anyways, on to my goals. Here are last week's:
      No binges - Complete! Even though I didn't eat very well the last couple days, I can at least say I didn't binge.

      Stay within weekly points - Yep, so far as I know at least, I had to do some estimating.
      One outside run - Weather was crappy all week and the days that it was nice, I had to work. Yesterday? No excuse. Fail.
      One bike ride - See 'outside run' above.
      2.6 liters of water a day - Yep!
      Workout every morning - Ummm, shamefully, no.

This week:
- WORK OUT EVERY MORNING! Stop being such a lazy bum, ThunderThighs! Remember? You refuse to go back to Florida if you look this bad in a bathing suit? Remember your goals? COME ON GIRL GET WITH IT!!!
- One outside run.
- Stay within weekly points.
- 2.6 liters of water a day
- Accomplish all goals (I guess this one is kind of redundant, but oh well, it reiterates my goals. A goal that reiterates my goal. Wow, I'm a moron.)

Well everyone, have a wonderful week!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving the blog love, I havent looked at any of these blogs so they are all ready and waiting for me now!

I like you have the goal in mind to exercise every morning but well it doesnt happen. Though once exams are over have no excuse. Someone did suggest to me, one day at a time? Do you exercise at all in the mornings at the moment, even once or twice a week?

http://alittlelessofsarah.blogspot.com

I'd Rather Have a Cupcake said...

I love reading your posts, I too was a bit too "tired" last night! Good luck with your goals for this week!

Amie@RunningOnHealthy.com said...

Thank you SO SO SO much for the shout out! Your blog always makes me smile :) Your sense of humor is so bright and unique.

Treesa said...

i have been following your blog for a few weeks now.. and have loved reading it! i love today's post because i am also at the point of learning to maintain and how to go about it... thank you so much for sharing!

Theresa @alwaystwentypounds.blogspot

Need to Get ME Back said...

Hey, accomplishing a goal is a goal in itself! (I'm the type of person who will sometimes write down something on my to do list that I have already done just so I can cross it off!) Here's to a great goal-meeting week!

ThunderThighs said...

@ Sarah - Yes, one day at a time! It's best to start off with small goals and take it from there. I do workout every morning that I can get my butt out of bed. I do a half an hour, whether it's on the treadmill or a video. It gets me going for the day and if I don't have time to fit anything in that evening, that's ok - I'm already covered fitness-wise!!

@ Cupcake - Thanks, you too!

@ Amie - No problem, you deserve it!!

@ Treesa - Thanks so much! I'll be checking out your blog here shortly!

@ N2GMB - Me too! It always feels so good accomplishing things!! And cheers!

Unknown said...

Hey ! Thanks for the shout out !!!

It's a marathon, not a race and you are doing AWESOME job !! WHOOP ! ! !

Unknown said...

Oops, meant it's a marathon not a SPRINT !!!! lol

Have a fabulous day ! :)

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Ahem. Well! CAn't believe I've never read your blog, and when I finally found you... you're blogging about me! Cool! Thanks so much for the shout out! Love your blog - for more reasons than that. Well, good luck with your nail-biting habit! And everything else. Thanks again :)