Thursday, May 5, 2011

Late post!!!!

Wow, it's 10:00 and I JUST sat down!! I've been SUPER busy all day!!!

First I had some errands to run. I had to stop at the local Salvation Army after school to pick up a super sweet outfit to wear to the Jr. High's dance tomorrow night. It's called the Red Carpet Dance, and the students are supposed to dress up as someone famous. Apparently last year a couple went dressed as Fred and Wilma Flinstone and made the front page of the newspaper. Too cute!! So anyways, a friend/fellow teacher and I are going dressed as 80s chicks. I guess we're claiming we are the Go Go's or Olivia Newton John (in her 'Let's Get Physical' music video). Let's be honest, it's just an opportunity to dress up as freaks and get away with it! I found a bright pink sweatshirt that I'm going to cut at the neck so it'll hang off one shoulder and some beautiful neon green shorts that I'm going to wear leggings and leg warmers underneath. Of course my next stop after the Salvation Army was to Walmart to get some Aqua Net!!! I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow!!
Check out these hotties!! That'll be me tomorrow night :)

Anyways, then I met up with a friend that I grew close to a couple years ago at my first teaching position. We worked at an elementary school, and our classroom was located in a trailer. Yep, good old trailer trash we were. We got together at the mall and chit-chatted for a little while, catching up, which was so nice. We don't work at the same school anymore, obviously, but we've kept in touch and meet up regularly.

I had to fill in for another instructor at the Y tonight too. I taught my regular step class, which is a little easier than what her class usually is, but I think the ladies enjoyed it. Maybe I'll gain some new people for my regular class, which is on Saturday mornings.

When I got home, my hubby's ex was here with Twig, dropping off her dress for tomorrow night (she's much less bold than I am and is just wearing a normal dress and saying she's some random celebrity at the Grammy's or something... LAME-O). I invited her in, which isn't something I normally do, but I had to show her some of the examples of invitations I've been putting together for Amby's open house, which is coming up entirely too fast!! I'm just thankful that she's relatively easy to get along with and not the typical 'baby momma' biotch.

I spent the rest of the evening cleaning, eating dinner and working on the invitations. I'm going to try to catch up on everyone's blogs tonight.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Did I mention I snuck in a quick peek at the scale this morning? For shame for shame, but it did show a little bit of a loss. It's not down to where I was before my week off, but that's ok - at least I'm close. Though, I am still weary of what it's going to say (other than 'get the heck off me!') because we I haven't been perfect in my eating. As a matter of fact, I definitely overate last night, and I could have done better this afternoon. It's Teacher Appreciation week, and the administration treated us to a catered lunch Cinco de Mayo style. So much for staying under 29 points everyday this week. I really should just not add that to my weekly goals - why constantly set myself up for failure?

WELL, look at the time! Gotta hit the hay. Deuces!

4 comments:

safire said...

:) I just re-posted the award! Thanks again. Sounds like you had a super busy day! Enjoy the weekend TGIF!!!

Kelty said...

sounds like a good day. Are you going to post pics of your outfit??

ThunderThighs said...

@ Safire - thanks, you too!

@ Kelty - heck yes I will!

Candy kankles said...

Ok i seriously cant wait to see the pictures!