Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nope - I haven't ran outside yet...

So we are in Florida and are having a great time. My eating - not so good. My exercise - not too bad. My stepdaughter and I are walking every morning. This morning we had to have gone at least four miles!! We walked the whole way, and we certainly weren't in any hurry but we walked pretty quickly and it was nice. The problem though is I keep walking without shoes and it's tearing the soles of my feet up! A while back I read somewhere that the new thing is to run barefoot. Yeah right! I can't even walk on SAND barefoot that long! Note to self: keep the sandals on from now on. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with myself even though my eating isn't perfect. As long as I stay active it won't be too bad to get back into a decent routine when I get back.

One thing we did do that I was happy about was climb 205 stairs to the top of a lighthouse. I didn't even break a sweat! Though I was a little winded, I easily caught my breath. Yay!







I have not ran outside yet. In my last post I talked about trying it. The idea makes me really nervous. I know, I know, I'm chickening out! I have never ever ran outside before and I'm really scared to try it. What if I can't make it? What if I get far enough away and can't make it back? What if I can't handle running outside because it's so different than a treadmill??? I'm really scared. I want to try it really early in the morning some day when it's not busy. I saw a few heavier people running so I'm not worried about looking silly. That's the least of my worries - I look silly in a bathing suit, not running! It's just the thought of getting out there and having to walk instead of run. That would be letting myself down.

Well think good thoughts for me, I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow morning if it's not raining (please be raining, please be raining). And I know I've promised pics, but I still don't have any good ones. Later, I swear. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooo running!! Especially if it's raining. I hear (I'm not a runner) it's an awesome experience. ;) You will make it and you will make it round trip! Just do it. :)

Syl said...

Sounds like you are having a great time, I'm sure a quick run wouldn't hurt ;-).