Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I did it!!!

Well it wasn't raining this morning like I had hoped so I had to stay true to my word to myself. I did it, I went running on the beach this morning!! I'm so proud of myself. It was definitely hard. I was winded and sweaty pretty much right from the get go, but I pushed myself. I went pretty far, and then when I couldn't run any further I turned around and did intervals of running and walking to get back. Remember those crazy speed limit signs I mentioned? I used those to mark my intervals. Walk between on set, run between the next two.

Ok, I admit I wasn't exactly RUNNING, it was more of a jog, but I like to fudge the details. I've never really known exactly how fast 'running' is anyways. I usually do 5 mph on the treadmill and call that running. Some may say that's more of a jog - whatever. :)

So I wish I knew just how far I went, but it doesn't really matter to me. The fact is I ran and I didn't die and even though it SUCKED the entire time and I HATED it, I still felt great afterward and I know I'm doing good for my body. Now, if only that runner's high would kick in!

I did take a sweaty yucky pic of myself as not only proof, but a reminder that I CAN do it so I have some confidence to try it again tomorrow:


Yucky!! I was so hot and sweaty I had to jump right into the pool when I got back to the condo. I wish this were my life everyday!!

It finally quit raining for a day. We spent the whole day on the beach. I finally got a little bit of a tan going on - well as much as my pale Irish skin allows me to get, it's usually more of a burn.

Anyways have a great day everyone!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: