Monday, June 6, 2011

Checking in again...

...because, once AGAIN, it's past 10 at night and I have to get up in the morning. I just want to make sure I post because I'm trying to keep track of my progress at the June Boom. I did get in some activity - we went to play golf this evening. Even though we get a cart, trust me, I still do a TON of walking because I spend more time looking for my ball than I do hitting it! I shot 63 on nine holes. If you aren't sure, I'll fill you in - that score sucks. When I tell people who know anything about golf that I shoot in the sixties, they are always impressed. Then I mention that that score is on NINE holes and they tend to turn on the fake smiles and tell me how good I am. Whatev, I'm not that blonde! ;) It's ok, though, I really enjoy golfing because it's one of the few things that my hubby and I do together. Plus I don't take it even half as serious as he does, so I have to laugh when he gets all nerved up because he's not doing so well. I tend to pad my score a little too, so who knows exactly what I usually shoot! Let's just say I get at least one mulligan on each hole!

Anyways, I ate pretty well tonight, though I did end up drinking a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade this evening when we got back to the campground. Dang it, I really need to quit going back there! I think my goal for next week is to refrain from alcohol during the week and restrict it to weekends only. This weekend won't be so bad because my usual drinking partners won't be there; they all have to work. 

My dad has been coming to the campground lately to hit the pool for some exercise. I guess his knee has been bothering him, and the cool water plus the fact that it takes a lot of pressure off his knee is good for him. I guess I should start taking that advice and spend more time in our pool. The problem is it's not heated, so the water is usually freezing. Plus I'm really out of shape when it comes to swimming. I have a hard time making it from one end of the pool to the other, let alone trying a whole lap. I suppose that means it'd be really good for me and I'd build up some endurance, but if it doesn't come easy to me, I tend to shy away from it. Hmmmmm, maybe I have another goal coming on?

Anyways, I spent quite a bit of time today grading the final exam we had the students do. I'm pretty proud of them, most did really well. You can really tell who studied and who didn't! The last question on the test was an extended response about what their favorite lesson we did in class this year, and what they learned from it. The students who took it seriously really surprised me with what they wrote. Quite a few talked about certain stories encouraging them to change themselves in some way. It's really awesome to see the power of literature in a child's life. Makes you realize just how important it is to incorporate books and reading into your own kids' lives, huh?!?!

Well I have GOT to get to bed. I didn't go to sleep until 11:30 last night and I was dead to the world at school today! Happy Monday all!!


No comments: